What are the possible side effects of abiraterone (Zytiga)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Stop using abiraterone and call your doctor at once if you have:
- swelling in your ankles or feet, pain in your legs;
- rapid heartbeats, feeling short of breath (even with mild exertion);
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- pale skin, easy bruising, feeling like you might pass out;
- upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- high blood sugar (increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss);
- worsening dizziness, weakness, or tired feeling;
- nausea, vomiting, ongoing diarrhea; or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Common side effects may include:
- swelling or discomfort in your joints;
- mild diarrhea;
- cough; or
- sweating, feeling very hot.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.