What are the possible side effects of alginic acid, aluminum hydroxide, and magnesium carbonate (Acid Gone, Gaviscon Extra Strength Liquid, Gaviscon Regular Strength Liquid, Genaton)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Stop taking the medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of the following side effects. Some of these may be symptoms of your condition and not side effects of the medication.
- severe stomach pain or constipation;
- bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood ;
- swelling in your ankles or feet; or
- worsening of your stomach condition.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild constipation or diarrhea;
- nausea, mild stomach cramps; or
- altered sense of taste.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.