What are the possible side effects of alpha-lipoic acid (Alpha Lipoic, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Alpha-Lipoic-Acid-300)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Tell your healthcare provider if you have any of these signs of low blood sugar while taking alpha-lipoic acid:
- hunger, weakness, nausea, irritability, tremors;
- drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision;
- confusion, trouble concentrating;
- sweating, fast heart rate; or
- feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach;
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- headache, muscle cramps; or
- mild skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.