What are the possible side effects of alefacept (Amevive)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Stop using alefacept and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
- cough with yellow or green mucus, stabbing chest pain, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- swelling, warmth, redness, itching, or oozing from the skin;
- new skin lesions, or a sunburn-like skin rash; or
- worsening or no improvement of your skin condition.
Less serious side effects may include:
- sore throat, cough;
- mild nausea;
- muscle pain;
- pain or swelling where the medicine was injected.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.