What are the possible side effects of amphotericin B liposomal (AmBisome)?
Some people receiving a amphotericin B liposomal injection have had a reaction to the infusion (when the medicine is injected into the vein). Tell your caregiver right away if you feel dizzy, nauseated, light-headed, sweaty, hot or cold, or if you have a fast heartbeat, chest tightness, or trouble breathing.Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- chest pain, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- feeling light-headed or short of breath;
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, limp feeling);
- loss of appetite, vomiting, urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- pale skin, weakness, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating; or
- muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness (especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine).
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, diarrhea;
- stomach pain;
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- mild skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.