What are the possible side effects of amlodipine and olmesartan (Azor)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.In rare cases, amlodipine and olmesartan can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure. Call your doctor right away if you have unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if you also have fever, unusual tiredness, and dark colored urine.Also call your doctor at once if you have:
- a feeling like you might pass out;
- swelling in your hands or feet, rapid weight gain;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling.
Common side effects include:
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- hair loss; or
- mild skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.