What are the possible side effects of aztreonam (Azactam)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- confusion, seizure (convulsions);
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild stomach discomfort;
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin;
- numbness, tingling, or burning pain;
- mild skin rash or itching;
- vaginal itching or discharge; or
- pain, swelling, or irritation around the IV needle.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.