Apremilast tablets should be swallowed whole and should not be broken, chewed or crushed before swallowing. Apremilast tablets can be taken with or without food. Treatment is started with a 14-day starter pack. The starting dose is 10 mg taken on the first day. The dose is gradually increased for 5 days until the recommended dose of 30 mg twice a day is reached.
- Day 1: 10 mg in the morning
- Day 2: 10 mg in the morning and 10 mg in the evening
- Day 3: 10 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening
- Day 4: 20 mg in the morning and 20 mg in the evening
- Day 5: 20 mg in the morning and 30 mg in the evening
- Day 6 and thereafter: 30 mg twice a day
After the starter pack is complete, the rest of the tablets will be supplied by a specialty pharmacy. The recommended dose long term dose is 30 mg twice a day. Patients with renal failure should have only a maximum of 30 mg per day; pm doses should be skipped.