Eye Pain : When to see a doctor?
Call 911 or for emergency medical assistance
Seek immediate medical attention if:
- Your eye pain is unusually severe
- Your vision changes suddenly or you have difficulty seeing clearly
- Your eye is too painful to touch
- You experience abdominal pain or vomiting along with your eye pain
- Your eye pain is caused by a foreign object or chemical splashed in your eye
- You see halos around lights
- Your eye bulges outward
- You have trouble moving your eye
If you have eye pain and you wear soft contact lenses, have a weakened immune system or your eye pain is worse after using medication for three days, you should also seek medical attention.