Frequent Urination : When to see a doctor?
- There is no apparent cause, such as drinking more total fluid, alcohol or caffeine than usual
- The problem disrupts your sleep or everyday activities
- You experience other urinary problems or worrisome symptoms
See your doctor as soon as possible if you have frequent urination along with any of these signs or symptoms:
- Blood in your urine
- Red or dark brown urine
- Painful urination
- Pain in your side, lower abdomen or groin
- Difficulty urinating or emptying your bladder
- A strong urge to urinate
- Loss of bladder control
Urinary tract disorders may cause the above signs or symptoms, but so can other serious diseases or health conditions. Get medical help to find out what's causing your frequent urination and how to treat it.