What are the intercations of Abilify (Aripiprazole)?
You should always tell your doctor about any prescription, non-prescription, illegal, and recreational drugs; herbal remedies; and nutritional and dietary supplements you’re taking, especially:
- Antidepressants (mood elevators)
- Medications for anxiety, high blood pressure, irritable bowel syndrome, mental illness, motion sickness, Parkinson's disease, seizures, ulcers, or urinary problems
- Antifungals such as itraconazole (Sporanox) and ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Antihistamines, such as chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton) and diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
- Carbamazepine (Tegretol)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem)
- HIV protease inhibitors, such as atazanavir (Reyataz), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir), and saquinavir (Invirase)
- Ipratropium (Atrovent)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
- Paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva)
- Rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane)
- Sleeping pills
- Telithromycin (Ketek)
Abilify may make you drowsy, and consuming alcohol while taking it can make you even drowsier.
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
You should talk to your doctor before consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
It may cause an interaction.
Abilify may make you drowsy. You should not drive, operate machinery, or perform any activity that requires alertness until you are certain you can do so safely.