What are the treatments for Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, adult?
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
for Acute lymphoblastic leukemia, adult
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Chemotherapy - divided into three stages
- Remission induction
- Consolidation (Intensification)
- Treatment aims to prevent or treat cancerous cells spreading to the CNS and can include
- Intrathecal chemotherapy
- High dose IV methotrexate
- Cranial irradiation
- Treatment lasts about 2 years
- Stem cell transplant may be considered in high risk disease or disease recurrence