How to get rid of Nummular dermatitis?
To prevent nummular dermatitis from returning onceyour skin clears, dermatologists recommend the following:
- Moisturize. Apply a moisturizer at least once a day. The best time is just after bathing while your skin is damp. A moisturizer helps trap water in the skin. A dermatologist can recommend products that will not irritate your skin.
- Avoid activities that bother your skin. Anything that dries, heats, or irritatesyour skin can cause a flare-up. To avoid flare-ups, dermatologists recommend using lukewarm water for showers and baths, getting out of the shower or bath after 20 minutes, and not sitting next to a fire or heater.
- Skip the soap. Using a mild, gentle cleanserto clean your skin instead of soap will help. Soap can dry the skin.
- Use a humidifier. When you heat or air-condition your home, use a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
- Dress for success. You are less likely to irriate your skin if you wear loose clothing. You also should not wear rough fabrics, such as wool, which can botheryour skin.