What are the treatments for Ablutophilia?
The list of treatments mentioned in various sources
includes the following list.
Always seek professional medical advice about any treatment
or change in treatment plans.
- Treatment is generally not sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way and they feel compelled to address their condition. The majority of people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner. If treatment is sought, general treatment options for fetishes may include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- Individual expressive-supportive psychotherapy
- Group therapy
- 12 step programs - Similar to Alcoholics Anonymous, designed for sexual addicts
- Social skills training and sexual education
- Long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH, ie, medical castration)
- Mood stabilizers