How to get rid of Alopecia areata?
Dermatologists offer the following tips to their patients who have alopecia areata:
- Hide hair loss. If you feel embarrassed by hair loss, there are things you can do to hide patchy hair loss:
- Style your hair to cover the bald spots.
- Wear a wig, cap, hat, or scarf. These do not interfere with hair re-growth.
- Some people shavethe head.
- Use makeup to draw missing eyebrows.
- Join a support group. While the above tips can hide the hair loss, people often have trouble dealing with the emotional aspects of hair loss. Because the emotional aspects can be so difficult, you may want to join a support group. You'll find a link to NAAF, which offers support groups, below.